Saturday, April 15, 2017

power outage

The disadvantage of being a night owl is that, if a building-wide power outage occurs, you won't be sleeping blissfully through it. The power suddenly went out in my apartment, and I noticed there was no light coming in under my door from the hallway, which would normally mean the outage was confined to my room. No, at the very least, this outage was floor-wide.

The hallway, when I first peeked out, was dimly lit by emergency lighting. A few minutes later, the regular hallway lights were back on, but my apartment was still dark. The elevators were working, though, so I risked taking an elevator down to the lobby to talk with the guard, who confirmed the outage was building-wide.

That's where things stand right now at close to 12:30AM. My room remains dark; out my window, the rest of the neighborhood is still nicely lit up. Very frustrating. There are guys working on the problem right now; here's hoping they fix the issue before everything in my fridge starts to rot.

Luckily, my portable cell-phone charger is full of charge, so I'm good for the next three or four days. Woo-hoo!

UPDATE, 1:30AM: power's back on, and all is right with the world.


No comments: