Sunday, February 21, 2016

counter reset

Joe McPherson has reset the opening date for his pub, McPherson's BBQ Pub, to February 29, thereby taking advantage of a leap-year date. Not a tragedy, as far as I'm concerned; it gives me more time to figure out whom I'll be taking with me when I do finally undertake the cross-town odyssey to the Mokdong/Omokgyo area.

I just texted Joe to find out whether walk-ins are OK, or if we need to make reservations. Joe's not sure yet, but he seems to be leaning toward the idea of walk-ins: it's a pub, after all. But he finished our conversation with a "we'll see," so I guess... we'll see. Meantime, I'm going to assume that whatever group I take with me will be walking in. Like the saints.


_

5 comments:

Charles said...

Are you planning on going on opening day? If so, I will unfortunately not be able to accompany you.

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

I'm not sure what date I'd go. March 5 or 6 (Sat or Sun) might be possible. I'd probably prefer lunchtime to avoid the dinner crowd (if it's a pub, it'll be reasonable to assume there'd be more people there in the evenings). What days are best for you? I need to talk to Tom as well.

John (I'm not a robot) said...

I thought the saints went marching in...

Charles said...

If you want to go for lunch, Saturdays would be OK. Sundays probably not so much. For dinner, I could swing other days, although the beginning of the semester will be busy with the usual beginning-of-the-semester nonsense.

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

I can hold off for a week or more. In fact, this might give Joe time to work out the kinks in his new business. Am very flexible with this.