Sunday, October 26, 2014

an orgy of grading

In my previous job, I had classes in which there were no "A"s. Sad, but true. I'm currently slogging through a raft of student midterm exams, and I'm happy to report that, for two of my four classes, at least, I've got plenty of "A"s and "B"s. This is reassuring: it's a reminder that I'm back to teaching a much higher caliber of student.

Today, I'll be finishing up my final two batches. Grades will be entered, and tests will be ready to give back this coming week. Not one of my colleagues has been in the office this weekend; I suspect they're all taking the "I'll slowly grade small batches and get these back to the kids in two weeks" approach instead of the "get it all over with" approach. Lazy bastards. Heh.


_

5 comments:

Charles said...

I'm sitting in my office right now, grading exams. Well, I'm actually sitting here writing a comment, taking a short break from the unbridled joy that is grading exams.

Kevin Kim said...

I salute you.

Anonymous said...

Addofio here. I salute you both. Prompt feedback is known to be important to students' learning. I was never good at that, however, and marking papers is a major part of my job I do NOT miss :-)

Kevin Kim said...

Believe me, Addofio, I sympathize.

Charles said...

I am also sympathetic. About to start on the final third of my exams. Will be glad when this is over.