Thursday, August 14, 2014

hooyah

I've been reading Marcus Luttrell's Lone Survivor, having first seen the Peter Berg-directed movie of the same name. Luttrell co-wrote the book with an author of military fiction, and while the prose is disappointingly clunky and awkward, the one thing that is exceedingly clear is that Luttrell blames "the liberal media" for the deaths of his SEAL comrades in arms. Here's a choice quote:

Look at me, right now in my story. Helpless, tortured, shot, blown up, my best buddies all dead, and all because we were afraid of the liberals back home, afraid to do what was necessary to save our own lives. Afraid of American civilian lawyers. I have only one piece of advice for what it’s worth: if you don’t want to get into a war where things go wrong, where the wrong people sometimes get killed, where innocent people sometimes have to die, then stay the hell out of it in the first place.

Above, Luttrell references "the liberals," but almost everywhere else he writes angrily about "the liberal media."

I'll be writing a fuller review of the book later, once I've finished it.


_

No comments: