Tuesday, July 22, 2014

125.2

Lowest weight ever: 125.2 kilograms (approx. 276.1 pounds).

Tonight's walk: 14,672 steps.

All right, that's not my lowest weight ever. When I was born, I was eight pounds exactly, and I doubt I'll ever get back down to that weight. After I came back from a year of living, studying, and hiking in Switzerland, I was in great fighting shape at 90 kg, almost unrecognizable to my mother, but I slowly regained weight during my senior year back in DC. No more trails to hike, no more awesome mountain vistas that inspired my legs to push me farther and farther. Nothing to impel me to make the effort to get out and about. I sat around our senior-year apartment playing Nintendo and watching videos.

Anyway, at my most bovine, I was slightly over 300 pounds, or 136.1 kg. I'm 11 kg down from that precipice, and still backing away from the edge. It's quite likely, at this point, that I have both hypertension and diabetes, so what I'm doing now is rather important. If or when I move back to Seoul, I want to get even more serious about exercise, and might even hit up my friend Sperwer for some strength-training tips. I have no designs on becoming a bodybuilder like Sperwer, but getting generally thinner, stronger, faster, and more flexible would be nice. This will mean a radical lifestyle change, which I'm not looking forward to, but I have to believe it'll be worth it. Otherwise what's the point, right?


_

No comments: