Saturday, February 01, 2014

awesomeness by association

Dis-moi qui tu hantes, et je te dirai qui tu es. If I hang with cool folks, I'm cool by association, right? Right?

God, these people have such good genes. I swear, they're going to take over and rule us all, and they're going to live to 120. Meet my friend Sperwer (you've seen him nearly naked before) and his family, who shall remain unnamed for privacy's sake:


We met up in Daegu today—only my second time in the big city since I got to this part of the peninsula. Sperwer's wife is from around these parts, which is why Sperwer and the family are here for the lunar new year. He texted me a few days ago and asked whether I wanted to meet up, so I said yes, and we met at East Daegu Station.

Our little troop had fun strolling around downtown and eating at a donggaseu restaurant. That was quite good. I couldn't stick around for the second half of the Daegu adventure, which would have involved seeing a movie (all-American Sperwer planned to lone-wolf it at a different cinema while the two ladies went off together to see some Korean flick). Still, for the brief couple of hours that I was with Sperwer and his crew, a good time was had by all.


_

No comments: