Saturday, September 21, 2013

how's that to-do list coming along?

Here's where we are so far:

To do:

1. Tend to my eye infection and sore throat. I was unable to get at the A/C's real filter, so I shut the A/C off for a good part of the day. Result: my cold symptoms started clearing up within hours. But because my studio traps and builds up humidity fairly quickly (I discovered this after my Hayang walkabout yesterday: the place was hellishly humid when I got back), I'll be turning on the A/C whenever I leave the place. I still have a bit of a stuffy nose, but it's nothing serious. Also: no eye infection and no sore throat.

2. Get a haircut. Done!

3. Watch some movies. Done! I still might write a review of "The Sunset Limited."

4. Shop for kitchen stuff, and for other household stuff. Not totally done, but mostly done. I still need a rice cooker, floor-sweeper wipes, and a storage shelf, but I fear the expensive items will have to wait until next month before I can purchase them. Otherwise, I've got legitimate bowls, plates, and utensils, as well as a cheap colander for pasta and a ladle for budae-jjigae. Bought my hangers, too.

5. Construct gnat and fruit-fly traps. Done! But they don't work.

6. Do a walking tour of my campus. Maybe today.

7. Visit Daegu proper. This ain't gonna happen this vacation.

8. Meditate. Tomorrow around 1PM, perhaps?

9. Find a local mountain to hike. Probably not. Maybe later. Not tragic: there are plenty of things to see on foot right here in town, the campus included.


_

No comments: