Saturday, July 20, 2013

when I arrive in Korea

I've been told that, when I arrive at Incheon International Airport on August 14, I can take an express bus straight from the airport and all the way down to East Daegu. From there, I'll be picked up by a runner from the university, and he'll drive me and my bags to my lodgings. So I guess that's the plan: I won't even be lingering in Seoul to say hi to friends and relatives; instead, I'll motor straight down to my new job. I'm glad there's an express bus at the airport: I had thought I might have to lug my bags into Seoul, then take a train down to East Daegu, followed by another train over to Gyeongsan City.

All in all, I've been impressed by the way my new employer has thought out the details of the incoming profs' arrivals. The CUD team has been very quick to respond to my various emails requesting this or that clarification, and while the quality of the English in those staffers' emails has been a bit shaky, the staffers' earnest nature has come through loud and clear. I have a feeling I'm going to like my new job a lot. Here's hoping.


_

No comments: