Thursday, March 07, 2013

winter scenes: the view from my aerie

Here's how heavily it's snowing where I am:


As you see above, that's at least a foot of accumulation, most of which I expect to be gone by tomorrow afternoon; temperatures will be in the 40s tomorrow, rising rapidly to nearly 60 degrees (15.6ºC) by Sunday. Today's snow will be a most ephemeral snow.

As you see in the next photo, below, someone was crazy enough to drive in this weather. Not me, friend. Not me. Note the dude digging out his car. (The first two pics were taken from my apartment's balcony, by the way.)


Finally a picture, from my bedroom window, of my car, nicely buried under its wintry blanket:


This is perfect snow for a snowball fight: wet and heavy. Now if only I had someone cute with whom to pick such a fight...



_

1 comment:

Surprises Aplenty said...

Well, Kevin, now Kushibo knows where you live. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it's just a fact.