Monday, March 25, 2013

the sprint

With so few work hours coming my way this week, I'm going to have to make up the difference by piling on work-at-home hours for curriculum development. I'm currently dealing with a large, four-week project involving several textbooks whose content needs radical rewriting. The bosses are expecting me to deal with approximately one textbook per week, and I'm currently a bit behind. So, today and tomorrow, I'll be piling on the work hours in a sprint to get me through the second and third textbooks by midnight on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, this at-home work doesn't pay nearly what it should (I'd earn at least three times this rate in Korea). It pays peanuts, in fact, but beggars can't be choosers, so I need to adopt the attitude that a pittance is better than nothing at all.


_

1 comment:

John from Daejeon said...

I, too, find the new Carol Marcus to be a bit off-putting, but not totally so in her Star Trek undies. But aren't all doppelgängers sinister? Well, all except for Scott Bakula's, "In a Mirror Darkly," doppelgänger. In any universe, he's just too nice even when he's supposed to be evil.