Sunday, January 27, 2013

the switch

I'm about to shift gears with the extracurricular work that I do with YB. I had originally been tasked with reworking the manuscripts of five different textbooks, and had been given a rough due date of mid-February to complete them all. I had just finished my first textbook when I got the news that my long-distance supervisor (with whom I've been in contact via email only) was being replaced by another, equally anonymous dude. Corporations, right? Everyone's an interchangeable cog in the machine. With the new supervisor comes new work: I'm now to put aside those textbook manuscripts and learn how to write ACT English essays, and I have to write ten of these puppies by the first week of February. This ought to be interesting. Simulating a particular essay-writing style will be a challenge; I've been given guidelines to help me out. We'll see how it goes.


_

No comments: