Friday, August 03, 2012

Charles La Shure: tireur embusqué

I had promised Charles that I would Photoshop a pic of him, in sniper posture, with an actual rifle. I told him, while we were at Dark Hollow Falls, that he could simply strike the pose and I'd pop the gun into his hands. This proved to be a real test of my Photoshopping ability, as no gun quite seemed to fit Charles's exact hand position. I don't even remember the name of the rifle I finally selected, but I do know I performed a great deal of surgery on and around it-- lengthening the stock, radically altering the scope and the scope's mount, changing the angle of Charles's forward hand, altering the rock behind that hand, etc. Results below:



Compare the above with the original, below:






_

4 comments:

Bratfink said...

Good job!

The Maximum Leader said...

The gun is a Dragonov 7.62 sniper rifle. It could be Russian (Soviet?), Chinese or Czech manufacture. Can't tell without more detail.

I wanted to own one of these. You periodically see them at gun shows...

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

The Dragonov is impressive, but the Prizrakov stealth rifle in the lower image is even more impressive!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

Charles said...

Dude, that is awesome.

I will admit my hand positioning sucked. It's really hard to mime holding a rifle, even if you have a specific model in mind.