Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the morning after

A message from the cosmos? An omen that love is near?



If so, only a humorous goddess would send me a rose through the medium of soup scum.

The above pic was taken a week or so ago. Just the other day, I visited a Chinese restaurant, and got the following fortune:

Someone from your past has returned to steal your heart.

Taken very literally, the above doesn't bode well, and I'd better guard my ribcage. But if I were to interpret the fortune as it was likely intended to be read, then I'd say this fortune is part of a trend: the soup scum rose was somewhat oblique; the Chinese fortune was more explicit, so the final omen will have to be even more of an in-your-face sign that 2011 will see a dramatic romantic upturn. What might the next sign be? What could be more obvious than that fortune?

I'm rooting for amazingly sexy, naked woman falls through my ceiling, machine guns blazing. That kind of reminds me of one of my favorite 100 Belows...

And for those still experiencing a Valentine's afterglow, there's this (with thanks to Malcolm for reminding me of this comic).


_

No comments: