Wednesday, November 10, 2010

testing

Blogger has a new "scheduled post" function. That's kind of cool: if it works the way I think it does, it'll let me write the desired posting time in the time stamp window, and won't publish the post until that time. That means I can write a bunch of posts, stagger their publishing times, and sit back. People will think I'm up at all hours, just blogging.

Along with this "scheduled post" function is an "automatic" setting, which is what several of my previous posts have been published with. The "automatic" setting makes up for a longstanding deficiency: until this setting appeared, post time stamps have always been created to mark the time the than the writing/editing window has been opened, not the time that the writer hits "publish." "Automatic" changes that. So my past several posts reflect the time I actually hit "publish." If I start writing a long post at 2AM and finish at 5AM, the post's time stamp will show "5AM." "Automatic" is now Blogger's default time stamp setting, with "scheduled post" being the clickable option beneath it. I'm about to test the scheduled posting; it's 8:39AM according to my computer's clock, and I'm setting this post to publish at 8:42.

UPDATE: WOO-HOO!


_

1 comment:

Charles said...

Having never used Blogger myself, I had no idea that the timestamp reflected when you started writing as opposed to when you finished. That makes no sense to me at all.

Anyway, congratulations on your successful test. Now you can make Nostradamus-like predictions about the future and see if they come true.