Monday, October 04, 2010

nosebleed

I haven't had an honest-to-goodness nosebleed in years, but one happened last night. I blame my nose-picking: I had ripped a particularly tenacious booger off the inside of my right nostril, and I'm pretty sure that it took some skin with it. That booger deserves an award of some kind. People could learn much from its determination.

After the booger was out and the bleeding had started, I stuffed wad after wad of tissue up my nostril; it took a disturbingly long time for the bleeding to stop. What's weird is that I was asleep when the blood flow started, and it's the blood flow that, somehow, woke me up. I had gone to sleep around 2AM and woke up around 5AM with a wet face; perhaps the bleeding had something to do with my lying on my side. I don't know. But I was up until 9AM before I finally felt I could go back to bed and catch whatever Zs were left to catch.

The moral of the story: nose-picking isn't bodice-ripping. Proceed with respect and tenderness.


_

4 comments:

hahnak said...

i didnt sign up for this kind of ride and im unsubscribing.

Kevin Kim said...

Ha ha, you'll be back. They all come back.

Charles said...

Dude, if you're ripping bodices like you pick your nose, or vice versa... well, that would explain a lot.

(Incidentally, this is pretty much the sort of ride I signed up for.)

And now I would like to play a little game called "Define the word verification word"

Agnomoto (n): a cell phone produced by Motorola that believes it is impossible to know whether or not god exists

Kevin Kim said...

I'd buy that phone.