Sunday, October 14, 2007

how do you play with your meat?

My recent Costco raid targeted, among other things, ground beef. I grabbed some Aussie beef there (not that much cheaper than E-Mart: about 1100 won per 100 grams as opposed to E-Mart's approx. 1500 won per 100 grams) and have made up both chili and spaghetti sauce. I have enough beef left over to make two large hamburgers, and there's a sizable lump to be plopped in an obscenely large helping of budae-jjigae. The budae ingredients currently crowd my fridge: cheeses have been forced upstairs to the itty-bitty freezer section (which needs another de-icing), and various vegetables are jammed uncomfortably together. My refrigerator is little different from a trailer truck stuffed with illegal aliens crossing the US-Mexico border. I wasn't planning on buying so much, but E-Mart doesn't sell certain items in small quantities. In fact, they've got the annoying habit of lashing packets of items together with tape and selling them that way, which explains why I now have more ddeok than I know what to do with.

Upshot: you might see some budae-blogging later today.


_

No comments: