Sunday, October 21, 2007

the big giant head

The Kimchee GI sends me a pic from (and a link to) an article about the annual Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The pic, as you see below, is of the balloon that dominated the event: Darth Vader's head. Vader was my childhood hero (much to my father's-- and any normal person's-- chagrin), so this balloon, which was designed and flown by a wacky Belgian, pleases me to no end.



New Mexico's got a ton of hippies-- and I mean "hippie" in the original sense: not merely throwbacks to the hippie era, but actual fuckin' hippies. I hope the balloon scared the bejesus out of them when it floated silently overhead, but I suspect it merely elicited a few shouts of, "Faaaaaaar ooooouuuuut!"

The article about the balloon and the event is here.


_

No comments: