Tuesday, July 10, 2007

the Japanese: my downfall

There seem to be two types of Japanese students at Smoo: the unmotivated type, who spends her days fucking around, hanging with her Japanese mates, and not learning much English when she appears in one of our classes; and the super-motivated type, who is not only learning English and Korean, but is trying her hand at Chinese and getting involved in various student activities as well.

I was fortunate to have taught the latter type in previous semesters; this time around, my Level 1 intensive writing class is stocked with the former. They constitute almost half the class, and even though I've taught them for only two days, they're already annoying the hell out of me with their constant chatter.

Measures will be taken. More on this drama as it unfolds.


_

No comments: