Saturday, May 26, 2007

my new addiction

So I watched "Alien vs. Predator" on TV Links yesterday. Silly movie, true, but it was cool to watch the crossover of two movie series. After watching the movie, I went over to Wikipedia to learn about its background. My surfing eventually led me to a hilarious online comic strip called Alien Loves Predator, which is subtitled, "In New York, No One Can Hear You Scream." The comic is by Bernie Hou, and features an Alien named Abe who is friends with a Predator named Preston. Abe's the id; Preston's the uh, superego. Kind of. Imagine Ernie and Bert, but with swearing. No one gets gutted. One of the best things about the strip is that Hou knows how to construct a joke, which is not easy to do in a three- or six-panel format. His Photoshopping skills are considerable. I'm still working my way through the archives; I got to about #53 last night and will doubtless continue tonight.

Learn more about the strip here; the strip itself is here. If you're a New Yorker, be sure to read Hou's commentary below the strip; a lot of the commentary is insider stuff; I can't relate to all of it, but it's obvious Hou is in love with his city. A few of my readers (Charles, Malcolm, Mike D, et al.) either hail from or have strong emotional ties to the Big Apple; I'm pretty sure they'd take to this strip immediately.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good find. That's another web comic I'll have to look through.