Wednesday, May 16, 2007

catching up on my, uh, culture

"Spider-Man 3" was the first movie I had seen in a theater in over a year, if I'm not mistaken. Lately, I've been using TV Links to catch up on the movies I've missed, though I find I'm occasionally stymied by my office computer's volatile connection to the site.

Along with "300," I have now seen "Jackass 2" (fucking hilarious, and arguably gayer than the first movie; if you don't know what I'm talking about, just watch the flick) as well as the first two Pirates of the Caribbean flicks (largely bloodless action fare-- no major amputations, but small creatures do get shot, including a crow and an undead monkey, both in the second film).

I also finally took a gander at the first episode of a very old TV series called "The Prisoner." Cool and corny; very dated, but worthwhile for the issues it raises about power, control, personhood, and the eternal question What is real?

At the behest of my buddy Tom, I also began watching old episodes of "South Park." This has been patchy; I'm caught up on Season 11, but still have to work my way through most of the previous ten seasons.

Since finishing the book, I've had a lot more free time. I have no plans to start a new book project until after I'm back from the States in June, so as I prep for the visit home, I'm taking my time and moving at an even more leisurely pace than usual. I get my gym in three times a week, and hit Namsan two or three times as well (I let myself go on Sundays). The rest of my time is spent blogging, emailing, reading, and watching movies.

Life could be worse.


_

No comments: