Sunday, January 07, 2007

quelques remarques

A few posts ago, I talked about the genre mistake wherein an idiot uses a poem about plumbing as a reference for fixing his leaking sink. That example is partly based on reality: my sink has been leaking for about the past week-- tiny, intermittent drops at first, then gradually turning into a steady drip-drip-drip. I'm either going to fix it myself this evening or, if the job surpasses my meager skills, pass the job off to our building staff tomorrow.

I was in the office well into the evening on Friday; a student of mine dropped by after I had finished with my English Circle at 6pm, and we ended up talking for about three hours. She gave me two rather large gifts: a gigantic plastic tray of butterfly cookies (they're good, but they need to be eaten with milk or something), and a large pack of La Vache Qui Rit cheese cubes (fromage à tartiner, bon sang!). Too bad the two foods don't go together; I need to get some decent crackers (or a baguette!) to go with the cheese.

Saturday turned out to be snowy and cold. I spent it indoors, doing little other than laundry. Today, then, is all about the crap I didn't do yesterday, including lesson plans. Oy.


_

No comments: