Monday, December 11, 2006

postal scrotum: choppin' time

Curtis S. writes in with the express purpose of making me green with envy. To add to the torture, he's got pics.

Curtis says:

Big Ho,

Well it’s that time of year again.

Time to chop wood for the winter and send photographic evidence as Tribute and Torture to my favorite blogster.




Using the ancient Split Stance and Overhead Swing technique, I divide and conquer Ponderosa pine many times over.




Once that is done it is time to move it up on the porch where it is arranged with Martha Stuart perfection and zealously guarded by my Attack Schnauzer - “Daisy”.

That is Ponderosa pine on the left. Oak on the right. Pine is known for its heat and flame, oak for its steady long slow burn.




Now that the work is done we relax and watch reruns of “That Girl” on TV Land while we wait for the Space Shuttle countdown to resume on the NASA Channel.

We must always remain thankful to the Gods of Satellite TV and Remote Controls. For we in the wilderness are not worthy.




Take care,


Curtis S.

Damn you, Curtis. If I were to walk around Seoul swinging an axe... people would probably assume I was on my way to an FTA demonstration.


_

No comments: