Friday, August 25, 2006

call me corny

I'm looking forward to this movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness," which I hope does make it to Korea (unlike "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle," which I had to watch on bootleg DVD at a friend's place).

The poster says it all, and the preview (click the image; you'll need QuickTime) reaffirms why Will Smith is one of my favorite actors.



As you can tell from the preview, the story will be predictable-- an uplifting drama about triumph over adversity, the responsibilities of fatherhood, and terminally cute kids. But I'll drop a few bucks to see such a film all the same. "Good Will Hunting" was just as predictable a film, but I consider it one of my favorites-- perceptively written, well-acted by all the principals, and entertaining as hell.


_

No comments: