Thursday, June 15, 2006

stymied... until Saturday (?)

At the office.

My computer is once again with the formidable Jonny of Jonny Computer (yes, he spells the name without an "h"). After I explained the range of possible software and hardware problems to Jonny, to whom I also brought my scanner and camera and a mess of CD-ROMs, he told me that I'd probably have to wait until Saturday before I could get the computer and peripherals back. "Could be sooner," he said, "but it's a Macintosh."

More damning words have never been spoken. I'm left wondering how much this is eventually going to cost. I've budgeted a maximum of W200,000 for myself... if I go over budget, it looks like I'll have to get serious about dieting. Ha ha!

So I'm going to have to see what I can do from here, at the office. At this point, I'd have to say, "Not much." The manuscript assembly and editing have been occurring on my computer, and that's out of my hands right now. I suppose I could troll my blog for more essays to stick in there...


_

No comments: