Friday, June 24, 2005

Ave, Skippy!

Skippy writes a fantastic, thorough, balanced post about the American project in Iraq, putting into words many of my own doubts about our long-term goals. Skippy was pro-war while I was against the war, but we share certain common views. As I blogged long ago, we're in the thick of it now, so we can't simply pull out: it's not that simple. In his post, Skippy explores the current US administration's myopia, and addresses one of my deepest fears re: the future of democracy in Iraq.

For those who don't know, Skippy is a Canadian with strong conservative leanings, a keen interest in politics and a solid historical perspective. His conservatism makes me inclined to take his critiques of American conservatism (and the right-leaning blogosphere) quite seriously. Give his post a read.


_

No comments: