Monday, April 11, 2005

courtyard and laundry

I got up around 6:45 this morning and got out of the house by 7:45. No one had shown up at that point, which was fine by me. It's around 9AM now, so I'm sure everyone's there and they've shut off the water. At least I didn't have to take a sponge bath with bottled water, as I did on Saturday.

It doesn't help that I didn't get to sleep until around 2:30AM, but I've decided that getting up early will be good training for my new job, since my first class of the day will be at 7:50AM. (My commute will be a 10- or 15-minute walk, which is much less expensive than using the subway every day. Then again, I do plan to do the Namsan thing every day, so I'll still be using the subway.)

Here are some pictures I took yesterday. They're of my courtyard.

The first pic shows my ingenious conscription of a fallen pipe (a castaway from the renovation efforts going on above me), which served as a laundry rack for most of yesterday:

hey... nice rack


The second pic gives you a wider view of the courtyard. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to exclude most of the crap littering the ground. Most of it is off to the left as well as on the ground next to my folding clothes rack.


my private Beirut


This final pic has special meaning for me. I have no idea what species these trees are, but their blooms are out only for a few days in the spring, and the rest of the year they're boring as hell. I wanted to catch a pic of this last year and the year before, but somehow never did. Since I'll be leaving this residence forever, I was glad to have a chance to catch something you might otherwise never have seen.

The photo doesn't do justice to the beauty and fragance of these blooms. If you know what types of trees these are (Lorianne? do you know?), please write in.

provocative plant genitals






_

No comments: