Tuesday, January 11, 2005

the train wreck that is Rory's new life

It was with no small amount of morbid curiosity that I read Rory's recent entry about his new, noisy neighbors, and how he's chosen to deal with them.

This seems like a violent incident waiting to happen. I can only hope that, when it does, Rory has his digicam ready to chronicle the bruises, lacerations, evulsed organs, and spilled blood.

My senior year of college, I was in a five-person apartment. We all got along fairly well, but two of our number had opposite musical tastes. Whenever Matt came back from classes, he'd crank up his stereo with Don Henley's "Boys of Summer." This would piss off my housemate Joe, who'd go into his bedroom and crank up Mojo Nixon's "Don Henley Must Die," a song I ended up preferring. Matt and Joe never spoke to each other about what they were doing; they let their music do the fighting. Here's hoping that Rory's new neighbors also see their way clear to a non-violent solution.


_

No comments: