Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Seung Sahn Sex Scandal??

I was about to go to sleep when I decided to give the SiteMeter a look-see and discovered that someone had found my blog when doing a search for the string "seung sahn sex scandal." I haven't written about any such scandal on this blog because I didn't know such a scandal existed, but apparently it does (keep in mind that a scandal doesn't necessarily mean the object of scandal is guilty, but it is a possibility). If you follow this link, you read:

...Sonia Alexander who left the Cambridge, Massachusetts, Zen Center after the news that the head, Master Seung Sahn, called Soen Sa Nim by students, had had long-term sexual relationships with women in the Center; Loie Rosenkrantz, formerly director of the Empty Gate Zen Center in Berkeley, California, that was also founded by Soen Sa Nim, and her analysis of the spiritual atmosphere after learning of his sexual activities; Carla Brennan and her thoughtful analysis of these issues...

Right now, my thoughts are:

Innocent until proven guilty. But also:

Il n'y a pas de fumée sans feu.

Hmmmmm.

_

No comments: