Friday, December 12, 2003

World Government

Back in my naive high school days, I held the belief that the UN was a de facto first step towards a world government, and I didn't think this was such a bad thing.

Now I firmly believe that the EU and the UN are definitely not on the right track. The UN has proved over the past decade that it's fundamental principles are hypocrisy, Arabic interests, anti-Americanism . The UN has proved that it's incapable of following through on any resolution, and it's incapable of doing anything but condemn those nations whose interests run counter to either the EU powers, or the Arab block. It's frustrating to see the UN's potential get flushed down the hudson river, but there you are. A world government may not be a bad thing. But we can't get there from where we are now.

As for the EU, BH quotes my post below, so I won't get into that. The EU is little more than a protectionist umbrella for European economic interests, with a focus on the bigger Western European nations. Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but the absolute lack of accountability, and the hypocrisy when dealing with trade protectionism on both sides of the Atlantic are grating.

Now, our current Administration may be attempting to circumnavigate any accountability for what I believe is one of the most corrupt administrations we've seen in America in quite a while... but accountability is built into our system and it will eventually bite them in the ass.

Next target... Putin and the rise of the new Russian Empire. Or not. Maybe I'll leave that one to Maximum Leader.

No comments: