Tuesday, November 25, 2003

when the feces collide with the ventilation...

With thanks to Anticipatory Retaliation for this link, which had me blowing mirthful shit-chunks. The site appears to be in Hebrew, but you don't need to know Hebrew to figure out what's going on.

If some Israel-savvy person can tell me about the subtext, though (why are they featuring a woman who looks like she might be in the Israeli military?), I'd appreciate it.

[NB: Not safe to open at work, mainly because of the noise. I recommend earphones; the noise is 95% of the humor. If you're in a tolerant work environment, put it on loud.]

UPDATE: I've been told by AR that this might be Urdu we're looking at. I wouldn't know; I've never seen Urdu in written form, and don't know what it'd sound like when spoken. I stupidly assumed Hebrew because it sure looks like it... sorry to offend the Hebrew-literate. I imagine that sounds as foolish as when people say "Chinese and Japanese and Korean all look the same in written form."

Webster on Urdu: "...an Indo-Aryan language that has the same colloquial basis as standard Hindi, is an official language of Pakistan, and is widely used by Muslims in urban areas of India." So once again I betray my boundless ignorance.

The site's URL contains ".co.il"-- what country is ".il"?
_

No comments: