Thursday, October 23, 2003

small favors and other things

This blog comes to you tonight courtesy some folks who bought some of my abstract calligraphy in Insa-dong. I set myself up-- illegally-- among a couple stalls, put out a little sign, and sold some art. Not much; I was there only for about 90 minutes. But it was enough to buy some time this evening. It seems "Eum yang bul i" is the big seller. I kinda like it myself.

Of note this evening: North Korea rejects the US proposal for a multilateral nonaggression pact:

North Korea, in a radio broadcast late Tuesday, reiterated that it would settle for nothing less than a formal nonaggression treaty that would legally bind the United States not to launch a pre-emptive strike against the isolated country.

"It is a laughing matter and is not worth considering," the state North Korean Central Broadcasting Station said in a dispatch monitored by South Korea's Yonhap news agency. "We have demanded that the United States drop its hostile policy toward the (North) and sign a bilateral nonaggression treaty with us. We have not demanded some kind of security guarantee."


Middle finger, Kim. Kim, my middle finger.
_

No comments: