Saturday, October 11, 2003

the Marmot and IA Kevin go nuts

You get so much value for your money at Robert's and Kevin's sites that I still wonder why the hell I bother posting anything about Korea. Here's what's been happening over there:

The Marmot on Hangeul Day, which was the 9th.

The Marmot on the Dear Leader's wife (possibly in a road accident recently) and private life.

The Korean answer to Leni Riefenstahl?

Big news among Asiabloggers: the case of a mid-40s Japanese teacher abusing a student with some American blood and telling him he should commit suicide. The student seems to be getting the message. The teacher's abuse earned him a slap on the wrist.

A sickening "fine apologia" in praise of North Korea rightly earns the Marmot's (and every other sane person's) contempt.

I've talked about it timidly, but the Marmot goes after it more boldly: the possibility of a recall of President Noh???? More news as it happens. I think the Marmot is right and Noh is looking to get out of his job. I'm not sure, though, that a referendum will provide Noh an honorable exit, especially if it becomes clear that he truly is detested by most of the citizens. Noh has been a whiny little wuss since he came into office; unlike the Marmot, I haven't started to like him, and neither have Yi Hwae Ch'ang voters like my buddy Jang-woong.

Moving over to Kevin now...

If you're a baseball fan, you've probably been following the middle-finger incident involving Boston pitcher Kim Byung Hyun. A classic IA post on the subject here.

Kevin takes a moment to shit on North Korea.

The well-justified Kim abuse continues here.

An interesting post breaks up the Kim-bashing to consider some odd new "special war materials" in Korea.

Kevin resumes the Kim bashing, and schools us in the darker side of Korean culture.

And finally, another blast at Kim, whom I'm now convinced I despise, sight unseen. Thanks, Kevin. I hate Kim's guts.

Happy reading, folks.
_

No comments: