Thursday, July 24, 2003

Our Taiwanese Legislature: The Saga Continues

"I learned a very painful lesson on Friday," [Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas (R-Calif) tearfully] told the House. "As members, you deserve better judgment from me, and you'll get it. Because of my poor judgment, those outside the House who want to trivialize, marginalize and debase this institution were given an opportunity to do so. Because of my poor judgment, the stewardship of my party as the majority party in this House has been unfairly criticized."

I don't know... some of us haven't needed help trivializing and marginalizing that institution. As Art Buchwald observed, "These are trying times for political humorists, because the politicans are so much funnier than we are."

50 pushups, Mr. Thomas! Now!
_

No comments: